MEET NIKON’S NEW COOLPIX SUPER-ZOOMS THAT LOVE TO EXPLORE
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 17th January 2019: Nikon introduces two new COOLPIX super-zooms packed with powerful features and boasting NIKKOR optics for stunning images. From distant views to city streets, these lightweight, easy-to-use compact cameras deliver sharp wide-angle to super-telephoto images—even in low light.
The COOLPIX A1000 boasts a 35x optical zoom, a new built-in electronic viewfinder, and RAW image recording. A superb travel companion, this camera lets users move from atmospheric wide-angle to detailed super-telephoto shots with ease. It shoots 4K movies, and features a tilting touchscreen monitor that makes it easy to compose shots from intriguing angles.
The COOLPIX B600 bridge camera packs a 60x optical zoom, a large monitor, and a sturdy grip. Whether it’s a family trip to the park or a city break, this camera is a brilliant all-rounder. It shoots Full HD video in stereo sound. A host of in-camera creative modes make it simple to add an artistic touch to photos or movies.
Ines Bernardes, product manager at Nikon Europe, comments: “Both of these cameras are fantastic options for users who want to explore their creative side. The wide-angle to super-telephoto zoom range frees users to shoot almost any subject. Nikon’s 16 MP back-side illuminated CMOS sensor and Vibration Reduction help deliver superb results in low light. And SnapBridge makes it easy to share the best shots, or use a smart device to shoot remotely.”¹
COOLPIX A1000 key features
NIKKOR 35x optical zoom lens. Focal length of 24–840mm.² Extends to approx. 1680 mm with Dynamic Fine Zoom.³
4K movies. Record stunning 4K/UHD 30p video footage, or Full HD at up to 60 fps.
Large electronic viewfinder. High-contrast, 1166k-dot electronic viewfinder (EVF) for clear visibility.
Tilting touchscreen. The bright 3 inch, 1036k-dot LCD monitor can be tilted in almost any direction.
Smooth zoom control. The side zoom control and snap-back zoom button make it easy to adjust the zoom quickly and smoothly.
RAW support. Users can save and export uncompressed image files to processing/editing programs.
COOLPIX B600 key features
NIKKOR 60x optical zoom lens. Focal length of 24–1440mm.² Extends to approx. 2880 mm with Dynamic Fine Zoom.³
Full HD movies. Simply press the dedicated movie button to begin recording Full HD (1080p/30p) with stereo sound.
Large monitor. 3 inch, 921k-dot LCD monitor with adjustable brightness. Treated with an anti-reflective coating.
Fast autofocus. Target finding AF ensures subjects snap into focus quickly, even in low light.
Easy artistry. Creative Modes for photos and movies. Macro Mode for great shots of tiny wonders.
¹ Nikon’s SnapBridge application must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.
² 35mm equivalent.
³ Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom is calculated from the maximum wide-angle position of the optical zoom.
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021