GET INSIDE THE SCENE WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z FULL-FRAME ULTRA-WIDE-ANGLE ZOOM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 8th January 2019: Nikon today adds the NIKKOR Z 14–30mm f/4 S to the new range of full-frame S-Line lenses designed for Nikon Z mirrorless cameras. Boasting a compact build and a flat front element, this retractable ultra-wide-angle zoom widens the creative opportunities for Nikon Z photographers. It’s great for stills, and even better for video.
The NIKKOR Z 14–30mm f/4 S is the world’s first full-frame ultra-wide-angle lens to boast a flat font element.¹ This unique design feature allows use of 82 mm filters without the need for bulky filter holders. Photographers get more control and more freedom whether shooting landscapes, cityscapes, architecture, interiors, or movies.
A compact build, retractable lens mechanism, and extensive weather sealing ready this lens for travel. New NIKKOR Z optical formulas, and fast communication between lens and camera, ensure the distortion common to wide-angle photography is minimised. Sharpness is exceptional. A constant f/4 aperture lets movie shooters track from bright daylight to shadowy interiors with ease.
Jordi Brinkman, Product Manager, Nikon Europe, says: "This ultra-wide NIKKOR Z zoom will let Nikon Z owners capture immersive stills and movies anywhere. The compact build means you can slip this lens into smaller bags. The chance to use filters so easily is a great opportunity to gain more creative control."
Summary of key features
Filter-ready: the world’s first full-frame ultra-wide-angle lens to accept 82 mm filters¹ without the need for bulky filter holders.
NIKKOR Z: designed around the wide Nikon Z mount, this lens can capture more light across the entire frame.
S-Line: next-dimension optical design. Anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat. Smooth, silent multi-focusing system.
Customisable control ring: can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording), or exposure compensation.
Great for movies: silent aperture adjustment. Focus breathing is reduced, as is focus-shift while zooming.
Compact and protected: a retractable lens mechanism ensures this lens takes up minimal space when not in use. Extensive sealing protects from dust and moisture.
¹ Among interchangeable lenses for digital cameras, as of 8th January, 2018
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021