Introducing the first Nikon Z trinity lens. The fast NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 14th February 2019: Nikon today introduces the first trinity lens for Nikon Z. The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S is a professional lens that boasts an exceptionally compact build, advanced optics, and extensive weather sealing.
Stills or video, this workhorse lens delivers superb results. Sharpness is outstanding across the frame, and close-up performance surpasses that of any full-frame 24-70 mm lens available today. Lens flare is effectively countered, and the wide Z mount and constant f/2.8 rounded 9-blade aperture enable exquisite starbursts. Bokeh is smoothly graded to the edges of the frame and looks beautifully natural.
The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S is fully weather-sealed and ready to withstand the rigours of daily professional use. Zoom and focus rings adjust with just the right amount of torque. And more shooting parameters can be controlled directly from the lens than ever before.
Dirk Jasper, Product Manager, Nikon Europe, says: “If you can only take one lens with you, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S offers the ideal combination of compact build and pro performance. Every component of a scene is rendered with lifelike clarity, and the full weather-sealing readies this lens for any location.”
Summary of key features
Ultra-sharp: superb edge-to-edge performance. Exceptional close-up performance (minimum focus distance of 0.38 m).
Advanced optical design: 17 elements in 15 groups with anti-reflective ARNEO and Nano Crystal coatings.
Customisable control ring: manual focusing (default), silent aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording), or exposure compensation.
Fn button: assign up to 21 different functions. From AF lock to metering, bracketing, and more.
OLED information display panel: quickly confirm aperture, focus distance, exact focal length, and depth of field.
Workhorse: tough, compact build with extensive sealing to protect from dust and moisture.
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera
- CREATE FREELY WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 28-75MM f/2.8