CAPTURE REMARKABLE PORTRAITS WITH NIKON’S NEW NIKKOR Z 85MM F/1.8 S LENS
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 31st July 2019: Nikon welcomes a bright standard portrait lens to the Nikon Z family. The NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S is a fast-focusing lens that delivers incredible detail throughout the frame. Whether shooting stills or video, this full-frame mirrorless lens lets photographers portray subjects with heart-stopping clarity.
From classic head-and-shoulder shots to environmental portraits, or intimate settings to big events. The advanced optical performance of the NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S enables stunning results in any location. Edge-to-edge sharpness is superb—even when shooting at the widest aperture of f/1.8. Bokeh is beautifully natural-looking and lens flare is effectively countered even in backlit situations.
Focusing is fast, and the new Eye-Detection feature of the Nikon Z cameras can lock onto a subject’s eye whether they’re alone or a face in a crowd. Movie shooters can use the 85mm focal length to isolate subjects, and shoot video footage with stunning shallow depth of field.
Summary of key features
NIKKOR Z: designed around the wide Nikon Z mount, this lens can capture more light across the entire frame.
S-Line: next-dimension optical design. Anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat. Smooth, silent multi-focusing system.
Sharp detail: exceptional edge-to-edge performance. Minimum focus distance of just 0.80 m
Tough build: every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed to protect from dust and water droplets.
Great for movies: silent aperture adjustment and near silent AF. Focus breathing is all but eliminated.
Customisable control ring: can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation.
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies