WINNERS OF THE NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2018-2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 29th July 2019: Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the winners of the Nikon Photo Contest 2018-2019. First held in 1969, the Nikon Photo Contest is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. It is one of the largest photo competitions in the world, achieving a record 97,369 submissions from 33,000 participants in 170 countries and regions for the 2018-19 contest. Submissions were invited in three categories: Open, Next Generation and Short Film.
Nikon Photo Contest 2018-2019 winners
The winners were selected by an independent international panel of judges, led by world-renowned art director Neville Brody, who reprised his role as lead judge from the previous year.
Reflecting on this year’s Nikon Photo Contest, Neville Brody said:
“This competition asks a lot of questions, including ‘What is the role of photography in the future?’. Photography changes our lives. It’s everywhere we look, and these days our world is seen more in images than words. It’s an international language that influences the way we are as people and as a society, and can only become more significant. The variety of imagery that has made it through to the awards – the narratives, the connections, and the surprises – will inspire a fascinating debate about the world we live in and how we view it.”
Winners of the gold, silver, and bronze awards for each category were selected using a variety of criteria, including their suitability to the category’s theme, the strength of the message, and the level of creativity. In addition to the five gold awards, one submission received the Participants’ Choice prize and another special prize was awarded to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Nikon Photo Contest. In total, 47 awards were given.
The announcement of the Grand Prize winner will be made at the official award ceremony in Tokyo on 23rd August 2019.
All winning photos and videos can be found on the Nikon Photo Contest 2018-2019 website, along with their submission details.
NOTES TO EDITORS
The Nikon Photo Contest aims to enrich photographic culture for professionals and amateurs alike. Since the first Contest was held in 1969, more than 440,000 photographers around the world have submitted over 1,710,000 entries, making it a truly international event.
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies