Simply Stunning: capture all the beauty of the moment with the new Nikon D3300
The image sensor is the heart of a camera, and the D3300 is a camera with a big heart. Its 24.2-megapixel sensor is specifically designed without an optical low-pass filter, so it can capture even the finest details and textures with stunning sharpness. Images are remarkably clear, especially when captured with a NIKKOR lens. Thanks to the powerful new EXPEED 4 image processor and a ISO range that now offers up to ISO 12,800 (extendable to 25,600 equivalent) even images shot in dark situations at high ISOs are beautifully rendered and exceptionally clean, with rich gradation. Fast moving action, and fleeting movements or expressions can be captured at exactly the right moment thanks to continuous shooting speeds of up to 5 frames-per-second. And no matter how quick the pace is, focus is always spot-on thanks to the 11-point AF system, which boasts a cross-type sensor in the centre for greater accuracy.
Nikon’s acclaimed Guide Mode will help unleash your inner photographer. Offering clear step-by-step explanations and inspiring sample images that illustrate the desired result, Guide Mode shows beginners, as well as those who want to learn more, exactly how to shoot great photos and movies. Easily accessible through the mode dial found on top of the camera body, Guide Mode can be used to learn how to set-up the camera, and shoot, view, delete or even retouch images. Aspiring photographers can also learn how to take portraits with beautiful background blur, freeze the action or obtain clear shots in low light. Because it asks the user what kind of photo or movie they would like to capture, Guide Mode has been widely acclaimed for its ability to build confidence in budding photographers and make it easy for anyone to learn how to master key features and controls without ever needing to open the camera manual!
The camera’s newly incorporated Special Effects mode makes it easy to add a touch of artistry to photos and movies. With 13 different effects to choose from, users can have a lot of fun shooting distinctive photos and movies. Options include Pop, which brightens colours by increasing the saturation; Toy Camera, which creates a retro effect; and Easy Panorama, which creates spectacular panoramas of vast landscapes or city skylines. Effects are incredibly simple to apply and can be previewed in real time on the large LCD screen while shooting.
The Nikon D3300 doesn’t just make it easy to capture great photos; this camera makes it wonderfully simple to record stunning movies too. The camera’s D-Movie function can record Full HD movie footage at frame rates up to 50p/60p with continuous autofocus, delivering smooth recordings of even fast-moving action, plus a remarkable level of sharpness and clarity. A one-touch movie record button makes it easy to begin and the built-in stereo microphone—plus compatibility with Nikon’s external ME-1 Stereo Microphone—results in movies that don’t just look good, but that sound great as well.
Photos taken with the Nikon D3300 can be sent directly from the camera to any iOS™ or Android™ smart device¹, ready for easy upload to social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Thanks to the impressive image quality, the photos won't fail to attract attention! Also incredibly useful for shooting photos, the Wi-Fi function makes it possible to use the smart device to preview scenes, or control the camera remotely and capture some great self-portraits.
Nikon’s superior ergonomics, clear menus, and one-touch buttons for frequently used functions like D-Movie and Live View make operation quick and intuitive. The 7.5 cm (3-in.) LCD monitor with wide-viewing angle and 921K-dot resolution offers incredibly clear images, and the new ‘i’ button, conveniently located on the back of the camera, makes it possible to bypass the main menu in order to quickly change settings while shooting. The clear, wide optical viewfinder (offering approximately 95% frame coverage and 0.85x magnification) makes it easy to capture perfectly timed photographs, especially when shooting fast action from a distance. And, new to the D3300, users shooting through the viewfinder can choose between a classic interface and a graphic interface that animates settings for more intuitive operation.
Small in size but big on image quality, the Nikon D3300 makes it more appealing than ever to use a D-SLR. Thanks to the new small and retractable NIKKOR 18–55mm VR kit lens, the D3300 is a much more compact to carry than many other D-SLRs. The incredibly lightweight body weighs just 410 g (without memory card or battery) and is available in black, red or grey. Despite its small dimensions, a large comfortable grip makes it easy to get a firm hold on the camera.
One of the greatest advantages to shooting with a Nikon D-SLR is Nikon’s wide range of NIKKOR lenses and powerful yet easy-to-use system accessories that are compatible with the Nikon D3300. NIKKOR lenses are renowned across the world for their optical performance, and the D3300 is compatible with the full range of DX-format lenses. From compact zooms that are perfect for general use or travel, to fast prime lenses that enable beautiful bokeh (background blur), as well as wide-angle and micro lenses, there is a lens for every situation. Whichever you choose, you can enjoy the precision and flexibility to make the most of the camera’s 24.2-megapixel resolution and capture photos and movies with vivid colour and striking contrast. In addition to lenses, the Nikon SB-300 Speedlight is a compact and lightweight external flash unit that offers beginners an easy way to achieve beautifully lit images. Use it to add impact to daylight images, enhance twilight shots, or expose more subject detail in backlit situations.
• 24.2-megapixel DX-format sensor with no OLPF
• Guide Mode: Clear, step-by-step assistance
• Superb low-light performance: ISO 100–12,800 (expandable to ISO 25,600 equivalent)
• Fast and powerful EXPEED 4 image processing engine
• 5 fps continuous shooting
• Razor-sharp 11-point AF system with a cross-type sensor in the centre
• 420-pixel RGB metering sensor with Nikon’s Scene Recognition System
• D-Movie: Full HD movies at frame rates up to 50/60p
• Built-in microphone and compatibility with Nikon’s ME-1 Stereo Microphone
• Easy wireless connectivity: Via Nikon’s Wu-1a Mobile Adapter
• Special Effects mode: 13 distinctive effects for still images and movies
• 6 Scene Modes
• Large LCD screen: 7.5 cm (3.0-in.) with wide-viewing angle and 921K-dot resolution
• Optical viewfinder with approximately 95% frame coverage and 0.85x magnification
• Small, lightweight body: Approx. 124×98×75.5 mm. Weighs just 410 g (without battery and memory card)
• Small, retractable kit lens: AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR II
• Stable grip for secure handling
• Choice of three body colours: Black, red, and grey
• Expandable system: Compatible with the full range of NIKKOR DX-format lenses and entry-level Nikon Speedlights
¹Compatible with iOS and Android™ smart devices. This feature requires use of a dedicated application that can be downloaded for free from Google Play™ and the Apple App Store™. Android, Google, Google Play, YouTube, and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS