BEYOND THE NORMAL: NIKON INTRODUCES THE NIKKOR Z 24MM F/1.8 S WIDE-ANGLE LENS
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 4th September 2019: Nikon further expands its line-up of f/1.8 mirrorless primes with the NIKKOR Z 24mm f/1.8 S. With advanced optics, exceptional close-up performance, and extensive weather sealing, this full-frame lens offers real versatility. As good in tight spaces as it is with vast landscapes and city skylines, it captures incredible detail in diverse situations.
This fast-focusing 24mm prime lens delivers superb edge-to-edge sharpness, even when shooting at the widest aperture of f/1.8. A minimum focus distance of just 0.25 m gives users exceptional control of the frame, from close-up to infinity. Bokeh is beautifully smooth and natural-looking, and the lens flare common to wide-angle lenses is effectively countered, even in backlit situations.
The full-frame NIKKOR Z 24mm f/1.8 S is well-suited for video shooting too. Movie makers can capture footage with stunning shallow depth of field. And the lens’ balanced perspective works as well for master shots as it does for filming interviews in cramped interiors.
Summary of key features
F/1.8 wide-angle NIKKOR Z prime lens: ultra-sharp from edge to edge, and brilliant in low light, this 24mm lens captures every component of a scene with lifelike clarity.
S-Line: next-dimension optical design. Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity. Smooth, silent multi-focusing system.
Exceptional close up: with a minimum focus distance of just 0.25 m, you’re in control of the frame from close-up to infinity. Image sharpness at close up is superior to comparable lenses of this focal length.
Weather sealing: every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed to protect from dust and water droplets.
Great for movies: near-silent AF allows the quietest moment to deliver full impact. The control ring can be used for silent aperture control or exposure compensation, and as a focus ring when shooting in manual focus.
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- NIKON ANNOUNCES LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE Z 9
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD