LANDMARK NEW NIKKOR Z LENSES EXTEND THE NIKON Z RANGE
Amsterdam, The Netherlands 16th September 2020: Today Nikon introduces two new NIKKOR Z lenses: the NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S, its first f/1.2 Z prime lens, and the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S – the world’s shortest full-frame f/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom¹. The lenses each bring significant capabilities to the ever growing Nikon Z mirrorless system.
The NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S takes a special place in the Nikon Z line-up. Thanks to its incredible resolving power, unwavering autofocus, and exceptional aesthetic control, this professional-standard prime lens is a legend in the making. From elaborate bokeh to finely detailed point light sources, professional image makers will be able to tease new levels of depth and detail from the classic 50 mm focal length—whether shooting stills or video. This lens takes full advantage of the Nikon Z mount’s remarkable light-gathering capabilities, and the f/1.2 maximum aperture enables vast control over depth of field.
The NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S completes the Nikon Z line-up of high-performance ‘trinity’ lenses. Its superb rendering performance and compact build set this lens apart. Advanced optics, the wide Z mount, and constant f/2.8 aperture enable thrilling performance that rivals even that of prime lenses. Light fall-off at the edges is effectively controlled, even when shooting wide open, and ghosting and flare are countered for stunning clarity. Photographers can bring to life the full beauty of every architectural composition, landscape and nightscape they choose to capture.
Dirk Jasper, product manager at Nikon Europe, comments: “These are significant new NIKKOR Z lenses, which we’re proud to be able to offer professionals. Our new 14-24 mm perfectly completes our NIKKOR Z ‘trinity’ of professional zoom lenses, while the 50 mm mirrorless prime is a more affordable choice for pros who want optical performance that comes close to our remarkable S-line Noct, without sacrificing autofocus capabilities.”
Artistry in detail. NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S
• Professional f/1.2 prime lens. Elaborate bokeh. Finely detailed point light sources. Incredibly sharp from edge to edge. Magnificent in low light.
• Advanced optical construction. Featuring 17 lens elements in 15 groups, including two ED glass elements and three aspherical elements.
• Unwavering autofocus. Autofocus is fast, smooth, and ever so quiet. Your area of focus is rendered sharply, even when shooting at close distances or with shallow depth of field.
• Remarkably clean images. Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO coating combat ghosting and flare, even in backlit situations.
• Cinematic video footage. The large maximum aperture allows vast control over depth of field. Focus breathing is all but eliminated.
• Professional controls. The control ring is silent, and the Fn button can be customised. The OLED information panel lets you quickly and easily confirm vital shooting data.
• Weather-sealed. Every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed, and there is rubber sealing around the metal lens mount.
Master of space. NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S
• Professional f/2.8 ultra-wide zoom lens. The wide Z mount and constant f/2.8 aperture enable thrilling performance.
• Superior optical performance. Sharpness is exceptional edge to edge. Nikon’s Nano Crystal and ARNEO Coat drastically reduce ghosting and flare.
• Tough and reliable. Extensive sealing around all moving parts of the lens barrel keeps dust and moisture out. An aluminium-alloy mount reduces weight while increasing durability.
• Movie-ready. Autofocus is smooth and silent, with virtually no focus breathing or focus-shift while zooming. You get precise control over depth of field right from the lens.
• Filter ready. You can use 112 mm screw-on filters together with the included lens hood. A rear filter slot allows use of gel colour filters.
¹ Among interchangeable zoom lenses for full-frame (Nikon FX-format) digital cameras with interchangeable lenses with a focal range beginning at 14mm or lower, and a maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the zoom range, available as of September 2020. Statement based on Nikon research.
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- NIKON ANNOUNCES LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE Z 9
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD